The ILC Public Education Institute is here to help you learn about immigrants.
With so much conflicting information about immigrants, how do you get to the truth?
To answer this question, The Immigrant Learning Center launched the Public Education Institute in 2003. The Institute creates, collects, curates and shares information on the economic and social contributions of immigrants in the United States. From immigration data to grass-roots best practices to individual storytelling, our constant search for the latest and best makes it easier for policy makers, educators and everyday Americans to understand the issues.
To keep up with the latest in U.S. immigration from The ILC Public Education Institute, sign up for our email bulletin
Immigration Research and Information
Want to know more about immigrants in the U.S.? You’ve come to the right place.
- Check out our Quick Statistics on U.S. immigration
- Search our
- Browse the 13 studies we’ve published on the economic and social contributions of immigrants in the United States.
- Read our book, Immigrant Struggles, Immigrant Gifts, which chronicles the experiences of 11 immigrant groups in the U.S.
- Request a custom data sheet from the Institute for Immigration Research, a joint venture between The Immigrant Learning Center and George Mason University.
Webinars and Resources
Because reading a report is not always enough, The ILC Public Education Institute produces several free webinars each year.
These online learning environments are an opportunity to interact with experts on hot topics and exchange ideas with peers.
The webinars are designed to respond to the issues of the day and broadly fall in to topics around immigrant integration, education and research. The annual Immigrant Student Success workshop is held every July. Sign up here to be informed of the dates.
Register for our next webinar or explore our extensive list of presentations, tip sheets, tool kits, lesson plans and more from previous webinars.
Immigrants positively impact the economy in many ways, perhaps none so obvious as the job creation and innovation of immigrant entrepreneurs.
The ILC Public Education Institute has made immigrant entrepreneurs a focus of our research and our outreach. In our Immigrant Entrepreneur hub, you can find:
- The Immigrant Entrepreneur Hall of Fame includes tributes to 70 entrepreneurs responsible for some of the most iconic and influential brands in the United States.
- The Immigrant Entrepreneur Interview Series lets you hear first-hand stories from successful entrepreneurs from storefront businesses to large biotech companies.
- The annual Barry M. Portnoy Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards honors Massachusetts entrepreneurs who are improving their neighborhoods, growing jobs and innovating.
- The latest news, research and resources on immigrant entrepreneurs.
Another way to learn about immigrants is to invite an expert from The Immigrant Learning Center to speak at your event or arrange a visit to the Center in Malden, MA.
Click here to learn more about where we’ve been and where you can see us next.