The Immigrant Learning Center offers free English classes to immigrants and refugees age 16 and older.
All classes are taught in English with instruction in speaking, reading, writing, listening, grammar and computer skills.
Morning classes meet Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM. Afternoon classes meet Monday through Thursday from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM. The ILC is currently holding most classes in-person while maintaining COVID-19 safety practices for the safety of our students, staff and community.
We also offer:
- Literacy classes for ESOL students (focus on reading and writing; classes are in-person)
- U.S. citizenship preparation classes
- Advising for next steps: skills training, jobs, college and career readiness
To Request Information
Answer the following questions and click “submit.” Someone from The Immigrant Learning Center will contact you soon.
The ILC accepts applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin, disability or other eligibility restrictions.
For more information, please call (781) 322-9777.
If you have access to a computer while you are waiting to start class, you could try some of these resources:
- The ILC has created and collected many resources for learning to speak English and becoming a citizen.
- The ILC teacher Kathleen Klose has made short videos on applying for citizenship and preparing for the civics exam.
- The ILC teacher Melina Merino has made short English lesson videos.
- Our Resources for Immigrants, Parents and Educators during COVID-19 Crisis page has many resources for learning English. It also includes many other resources for immigrants and refugees during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- USA Learns provides free online English lessons.
- The Boston Public Library offers free online English classes.