The Immigrant Learning Center offers free English classes to immigrants and refugees age 16 and older.
All classes are taught in English with instruction in speaking, reading, writing, listening, grammar and computer skills.
Morning classes meet Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 11:30 PM. Afternoon classes meet Monday through Thursday from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, classes are currently being held online.
We also offer:
- Literacy classes (emphasis on reading and writing)
- Senior conversation class (age 60 and older)
- U.S. citizenship preparation classes
- Counseling for next steps: skills training, jobs, college and career readiness
How to Apply
Answer the following questions and click “submit.” Someone from The Immigrant Learning Center will call you in a few days.
The ILC accepts applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin, disability or other eligibility restrictions.
For more information, please call (781) 322-9777.
If you have access to a computer while you are waiting to start class, you could try some of these resources:
- USA Learns provides free online English lessons.
- Our Resources for Immigrants, Parents and Educators during COVID-19 Crisis page has many resources for learning English. It also includes many other resources for immigrants and refugees during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Boston Public Library offers free online English classes.
- The ILC teacher Melina Merino has made short English lesson videos.
- The ILC teacher Kathleen Klose has made short videos on applying for citizenship and preparing for the civics exam.