Giving Immigrants a Voice Since 1992
The Immigrant Learning Center, Inc. (ILC) of Malden, MA, is a not-for-profit organization that gives immigrants a voice in three ways. The English Language Program provides free, year-round English classes to immigrant and refugee adults in Greater Boston to help them become successful workers, parents and community members. The Public Education Institute informs Americans about the economic and social contributions of immigrants in our society, and the Institute for Immigration Research, a joint venture with George Mason University, conducts research on the economic contributions of immigrants.
News and Events
- Read the latest ILC student success story in the August edition of
New American Stories
- Aug. 26 and 27, 2015, The Immigrant Theater Group, Malden High School
- Sept. 24, 2015, New Citizen Swearing-In Ceremony, Malden High-School
- Oct. 14, 2015, Keepers of the American Dream, Washington, D.C.
The National Immigration Forum is awarding ILC Founder and CEO Diane Portnoy with the 2015 Keepers of the American Dream Award
- Oct. 14 – 16, National Conference for Workforce Education, Portland, OR
The ILC Public Education Institute will present, “Immigrants: Who They Are and What They Contribute” at this annual conference.
- Oct. 28, 2015, ILC Autumn Benefit, The State Room, Boston, MA
English Language Programs
The Immigrant Learning Center has been helping immigrants find their voice for 23 years. More than 8,400 immigrant and refugee adults from across Eastern Massachusetts have benefited from our free, year-round English classes and gone on to find jobs, start businesses, enter training programs, go to college, become citizens, raise families and more.
Public Education and Research
The Public Education Institute informs public dialogue and policy on the economic and social contributions of immigrants to the United States. Our experts share credible research and practical experiences with a variety of audiences through free online workshops and in-person presentations at conferences and events nationwide. The annual Immigrant Entrepreneur of the Year Awards brings the contributions of immigrants to life in a moving, meaningful way.
We also offer a treasure trove of resources online, including eleven studies about immigrants in Massachusetts and beyond with a focus on entrepreneurship, the Immigrant Entrepreneur Hall of Fame and the Immigration Research and Information database, which houses more than 500 immigration reports.
A joint venture between George Mason University and The Immigrant Learning Center, the mission of the Institute for Immigration Research is to refocus the immigration conversation among academics, policy-makers and the public, including the business community and media, by producing and disseminating unbiased and objective, interdisciplinary academic research related to immigrants and immigration to the United States.
The ILC on Twitter
- RT @RepBrodeur: Yesterday's district events included @MAPCMetroBoston @TheCityofMalden Immigrant Entrepreneur Walk w/ @ilctr http://t.co/LA…
- RT @EastieMaria: "The act of migrating is entrepreneurial in itself" @MAPCMetroBoston @DuffyMalden @TheCityofMalden http://t.co/BJ38znd0Eg
- RT @SenJasonLewis: Very pleased to offer remarks at the Immigrant Entrepreneurs Revitalizing Malden event. Many amazing stories! #Malden ht…