Giving Immigrants a Voice Since 1992
The Immigrant Learning Center, Inc. (ILC) of Malden, MA, is a not-for-profit organization that gives immigrants a voice in three ways. The English Language Program provides free, year-round English classes to immigrant and refugee adults in Greater Boston to help them become successful workers, parents and community members. The Public Education Institute informs Americans about the economic and social contributions of immigrants in our society, and the Institute for Immigration Research, a joint venture with George Mason University, conducts research on the economic contributions of immigrants.
News and Events
- Read the latest edition of The ILC News Update
- Read the latest New American Stories email newsletter
- April 11, 2016, Denzil Mohammed of The ILC Public Education Institute and Joshua Tuttle of the Institute for Immigration Research will present “Immigrants in Community Colleges” at the 2016 COABE/TALAE National Conference in Dallas, TX.
- April 28, 2016, The 2016 ILC Immigrant Entrepreneur of the Year Awards Dinner, Royal Sonesta Hotel, Cambridge, MA
- April 29, 2016, Diane Portnoy inducted into the Malden High School Hall of Fame
- June 6, 2016, The ILC Annual Golf Classic, Pine Brook Country Club, Weston, MA
- June 8, 2016, Denzil Mohammed of The ILC Public Education Institute and Leya Speasmaker of the Catholic Legal Immigration Network will present “Faith-based Communities and their Role in Immigrant Integration” at the Cambio de Colores 15th annual conference in Columbia, MO
English Language Programs
The Immigrant Learning Center has been helping immigrants find their voice for 23 years. More than 8,400 immigrant and refugee adults from across Eastern Massachusetts have benefited from our free, year-round English classes and gone on to find jobs, start businesses, enter training programs, go to college, become citizens, raise families and more.
Public Education and Research
The Public Education Institute informs public dialogue and policy on the economic and social contributions of immigrants to the United States. Our experts share credible research and practical experiences with a variety of audiences through free online workshops and in-person presentations at conferences and events nationwide. The annual Immigrant Entrepreneur of the Year Awards brings the contributions of immigrants to life in a moving, meaningful way.
We also offer a treasure trove of resources online, including eleven studies about immigrants in Massachusetts and beyond with a focus on entrepreneurship, the Immigrant Entrepreneur Hall of Fame and the Immigration Research and Information database, which houses more than 500 immigration reports.
A joint venture between George Mason University and The Immigrant Learning Center, the mission of the Institute for Immigration Research is to refocus the immigration conversation among academics, policy-makers and the public, including the business community and media, by producing and disseminating unbiased and objective, interdisciplinary academic research related to immigrants and immigration to the United States.
The Institute’s research was recently featured in Steps to Success: Integrating Immigrant Professionals in the United States, a new report detailing the experiences of college-educated immigrants in six U.S. cities published by IMPRINT and WES Global Talent Bridge.
The ILC on Twitter
- RT @MAGrowthCapital: @MAGrowthCapital Congrats our client @TainoCG 2016 Business Growth @ilctr award winner @JayAshEOHED @NamEconDev https…
- RT @MIRACoalition: Congratulations to the winners for bringing high quality childcare & language support to Malden's diverse community! htt…
- RT @LaCapoise: Cheers nominees for your great work in Biz Growth, Neighborhood Biz, H-Tech Biz &Life Sci Biz.@ilctr @bostonchamber https://…