Giving Immigrants a Voice Since 1992
The Immigrant Learning Center, Inc. (ILC) of Malden, MA, is a not-for-profit organization that gives immigrants a voice in three ways. The English Language Program provides free, year-round English classes to immigrant and refugee adults in Greater Boston to help them become successful workers, parents and community members. The Public Education Institute informs Americans about the economic and social contributions of immigrants in our society, and the Institute for Immigration Research, a joint venture with George Mason University, conducts research on the economic contributions of immigrants.
News and Events
- Read the latest edition of The ILC News Update
- Read the latest New American Stories email newsletter
- June 7, 2016, The Immigrant Learning Center and the Institute for Immigration Research release the groundbreaking report Immigrants in Health Care: Keeping Americans Healthy Through Care and Innovation.
- July 12 and 13, 2016 The Immigrant Learning Center and the American Immigration Council present a free, online workshop Immigrant Student Success: Models and Tools for K-12 and Adult Educators.
- October 25, 2016, The ILC Autumn Benefit at the Harvard Club.
English Language Programs
The Immigrant Learning Center has been helping immigrants find their voice for 23 years. More than 8,800 immigrant and refugee adults from across Eastern Massachusetts have benefited from our free, year-round English classes and gone on to find jobs, start businesses, enter training programs, go to college, become citizens, raise families and more.
Public Education and Research
The Public Education Institute informs public dialogue and policy on the economic and social contributions of immigrants to the United States. Our experts share credible research and practical experiences with a variety of audiences through free online workshops and in-person presentations at conferences and events nationwide. The annual Immigrant Entrepreneur of the Year Awards brings the contributions of immigrants to life in a moving, meaningful way.
We also offer a treasure trove of resources online, including eleven studies about immigrants in Massachusetts and beyond with a focus on entrepreneurship, the Immigrant Entrepreneur Hall of Fame and the Immigration Research and Information database, which houses more than 500 immigration reports.
A joint venture between George Mason University and The Immigrant Learning Center, the mission of the Institute for Immigration Research is to refocus the immigration conversation among academics, policy-makers and the public, including the business community and media, by producing and disseminating unbiased and objective, interdisciplinary academic research related to immigrants and immigration to the United States.
The Institute’s research was recently featured in Steps to Success: Integrating Immigrant Professionals in the United States, a new report detailing the experiences of college-educated immigrants in six U.S. cities published by IMPRINT and WES Global Talent Bridge.
The ILC on Twitter
- RT @ThnkImmigration: Learn how to build welcoming classrooms & support #immigrant Ss in a FREE online workshop: https://t.co/Ou4AYtMhkR htt…
- Discover how to empower #immigrant & #Dreamer students w/@TatyanaKleyn #CUNY Free webinar: https://t.co/f17Svk0FXH https://t.co/ZZCKTwtfTg
- “it made my heart smile.” Newcomer Art Exhibit at Art Therapy Institute in #NC https://t.co/Ik2tEsmLmP @HIASrefugees