Teachers! Get ready for the annual Immigrant Student Success free virtual conference on July 12 and 13, 2022, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT, hosted by The Immigrant Learning Center’s Public Education Institute. As always, we’re bringing you experts from across the country to tackle the big issues facing immigrant and refugee students of all ages as well as how to integrate immigration into the classroom so that all students benefit. New this year: Specialized sessions for early childhood and elementary, middle and high, and adult ESOL educators.
The 2022 Immigrant Student Success virtual conference is free of charge but you must register to participate. Certificates of completion are available by request. This virtual conference is for K-12 and adult educators, administrators, counselors, volunteers and librarians. Please forward to anyone you think might benefit from this free professional development opportunity.
You will learn:
- How to foster belonging, identity and self-efficacy in your students
- How to recognize and deal with immigrant/refugee trauma
- How to incorporate culturally relevant pedagogies
- How more diverse books can improve student outcomes
- How to strengthen teacher-student relationships
- The impact of immigration on school safety
- Using theater to build student confidence in ESOL classrooms
- New immigration lesson plans from The ILC Public Education Institute
- And much more!
[2021 Immigrant Student Success] was EXACTLY what I was looking for: Practical, applied learning for teachers and creative ways to elicit participant interaction while still using a webinar format. Thank you for your work and for making this FREE resource available to teachers everywhere.
–Kristyn Joy, adult educator and 2021 Immigrant Student Success attendee
It is amazing and I am SO glad I got to attend/participate. I’m starting a new job in August in a more diverse school and I feel so fortunate that I am now better prepared than I would have been had I not attended.
–Lisa Brougham, grade 6-12 counselor/advisor and 2021 Immigrant Student Success attendee