Every day, immigration dominates the headlines. In a time of relentless news and heated rhetoric about immigrants in the United States, however, how do you deal with immigration in the classroom? How do you increase awareness, respectful discussion and thoughtful reflection amid strong opinions, personal stories and impacted families?
Register now for Teaching Immigration Now: Current Events in the Classroom, a free webinar for educators and the public hosted by The Immigrant Learning Center Public Education Institute on Tuesday, February 19, 2019, from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. EST.
You will learn:
- The latest immigration updates
- Strategies to facilitate fact-based discussion that promotes understanding, awareness and empathy
- Techniques for students to reflect on and question anti-immigrant language and discourse
- An Internet connection
- You may be prompted to authorize a plug-in
- Other system requirements as determined by Zoom