The Immigrant Learning Center, Inc. has one part-time, Citizenship Instructor position open for our Fall 2022 session. This position begins approximately on August 15th, 2022, with a week of training as needed and a week of curriculum and professional development (Monday 8/22 – Friday 8/26 from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM). This position entails teaching two citizenship classes. The morning class meets 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM Monday – Friday, and the afternoon class meets 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM on Wednesdays. Experienced volunteers are available for small group work.
- Instruct learners in basic U.S. history and government; prepare students in all aspects of citizenship interview preparation
- Prepare lesson plans for volunteers, as needed
- Collaborate and communicate with the Citizenship Instruction Coordinator on assessment and accommodation of students as needed.
- Refer students for counseling when appropriate
- Document unit and lesson plans
- Complete required paperwork, including attendance, student goals and achievements, assessments, and promotions
- Communicate classroom/student issues to the program director in a timely manner
- Participate in staff meetings and other teacher/program meetings as scheduled
- Participate in program development
- Set and document professional development goals
- Help with other duties as assigned by the director
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Teaching certificate and/or experience working with the adult ESOL population
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proficient digital/internet skills
- Ability to adapt teaching styles and materials to meet individual needs of students
- Ability to work collaboratively and share responsibility with team members
Classes meet approximately 44 weeks per year. The starting pay rate is $25.00/per hour, 15.5 teaching hours and 9.5 prep hours. Curriculum development and professional development hours are additional. Vacation, holidays, and sick time are included. If you are interested, please send your resume, cover letter, and one sample lesson plan to Jessica Senat, Director of English Language Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The ILC is located at 442 Main St, Malden, and is easily accessible by public transportation. We are an equal opportunity employer actively seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
We will review applications the week of July 11th, 2022.
All staff are required to show verification of full COVID vaccination and booster.