The Immigrant Learning Center, Inc. has one full-time teaching position open for our Fall 2022 session. The position begins on August 22, 2022, with one week of curriculum and professional development (Monday 8/22 – Friday 8/26 from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM). This position entails teaching two ESOL classes. Classes will begin on Tuesday, September 6, 2022. The morning class meets 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM Monday – Friday, and the afternoon class meets 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM Monday – Thursday. Teacher meetings usually take place on Friday afternoons and staff need to be available until 2:00 PM. The class in September will be a low-beginning level (EFL 0-1), but we are looking for a teacher flexible enough to teach beginning through high-intermediate ESOL levels.
We also have one part-time teaching position for our Fall 2022 session. The position begins on August 22, 2022, with one week of curriculum and professional development (Monday 8/22 – Friday 8/26 from 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM). Classes will begin on Tuesday, September 6, 2022. The classes meet 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM Monday – Friday. Teacher meetings usually take place on Friday afternoons and staff need to be available until 2:00 PM on Fridays. The class in September will be a low-intermediate level (EFL 3-5), but we are looking for a teacher flexible enough to teach beginning through high-intermediate ESOL levels.
- Instruct adult learners in English skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening comprehension
- Assist with design and implementation of ESOL curriculum, assessments and instructional materials
- Align curriculum and lesson plans with the Massachusetts English Language Proficiency Standards (MA-ELPS)
- Incorporate student goals and assessment data into lesson planning
- Integrate digital literacy lessons and projects into curriculum
- Collaborate with education/career advisors to help students develop and carry out “next step” education and/or career plans
- Refer students for counseling when appropriate
- Document unit and lesson plans in accordance with program guidelines
- Complete required paperwork, including attendance, student goals and achievements, assessments, and promotions
- Hold individual conferences with students at the end of each session
- Communicate classroom/student issues to the program director in a timely manner
- Participate in staff meetings and other teacher/program meetings as scheduled
- Participate in program development activities including curriculum review and development meetings
- Set and document professional development goals
- Help with other duties as assigned by the director
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Teaching certificate and/or experience working with the adult ESOL population
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proficient digital/internet skills
- Ability to adapt teaching styles and materials to meet individual needs of students
- Ability to work collaboratively and share responsibility with team members
Classes meet approximately 44 weeks per year. The starting pay rate is $25.00/per hour, 24.5 teaching hours and 15.5 prep hours. Curriculum development and professional development hours are additional. Vacation, holidays, and sick time are included. 401K available. Health and dental insurance is available for the full-time position. If you are interested, please send your resume, cover letter and one sample lesson plan to Jessica Senat, director of English Language Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The ILC is located at 442 Main St, Malden, and is easily accessible by public transportation. We are an equal opportunity employer actively seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.We will review applications the week of July 11th, 2022.
All staff are required to show verification of full COVID vaccination and booster.