The weekend after Thanksgiving has long been known for shopping, but the following Tuesday is now known for something more. GivingTuesday is a special call to action nationwide that shows Americans can do more with their wallets than just shop. We can invest in our community.
By giving immigrants a voice through an investment in The Immigrant Learning Center, our community is enriched with their skills, talents and cultures.
On Giving(a Voice)Tuesday, you have even more reasons to give. One generous donor is providing a $2 to $1 matching fund for new donors and $1 to $1 match for returning donors.
That means your donation will go even further!
Your GivingTuesday gift ensures that The ILC can continue giving our students quality English language instruction from some of the best teachers in Massachusetts.
- $1,500 can support 4 students learning English for one year.
- $1,000 can help 4 students prepare to become U.S. citizens.
- $500 can underwrite a family literacy workshop.
- $250 can help a senior learn to speak conversational English.
- $100 can buy a year’s worth of instructional supplies for 10 students.
- $50 can buy 25 student notebooks.
To participate, you can donate online on November 27, 2018, or mail a check dated November 27 with “GivingTuesday” in the memo line to:
The Immigrant Learning Center, Inc.
442 Main Street
Malden, MA 02148
Your gift could go even further if your employer provides a matching donation. If you’re not sure, check here http://doublethedonation.com/giving-tuesday/
For more information, email Mark Correia at MCorreia@ilctr.org