Conference on Immigrant Entrepreneurship in Massachusetts
Hosted by The ILC at Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts, this conference brought together immigrant entrepreneurs with the foremost minds involved in immigration research and business. The event illustrated the fact that immigrant entrepreneurs are job creators who drive economic growth in Massachusetts.
About 100 state and local policy makers and community economic developers heard from presenters including Dr. Jan Vilcek of New York University and co-developer of the breakthrough drug Remicade, Yumin Choi of The Capital Network and Richard Herman, co-author of Immigrant, Inc.
Key Information from the Conference on Immigrant Entrepreneurship in Massachusetts:
- Biographies of Keynote and Panel Speakers
- Profiles of Massachusetts Immigrant Entrepreneurs
- Descriptions and Policy/Action Recommendations on Immigrant Entrepreneurs
Download Presentations (PDF):
- Immigrant Entrepreneurs in Massachusetts by Julio DeCastro
- Immigrants as Small Business Owners by Alison Moronta
- Perlera Real Estate by Saul Perlera
- Beyond The Bodega by Alvaro Lima
- The Development of a Breakthrough Drug by Jan Vilcek
- STEM Immigrant Entrepreneurs by Vinit Nijhawan
- High Tech Entrepreneurship by Amnon Aliphas
- Microfinance for Small Businesses by Rodrigo Cerveira
- Tools for Supporting Immigrant Entrepreneurs by Anne O’Callaghan
Read the full story on the Conference on Immigration Entrepreneurship.