The weekend after Thanksgiving has long been known for shopping, but the following Tuesday is now known for something more. GivingTuesday is a special call to action nationwide that shows Americans can do more with their wallets than just shop. We can invest in our community.
By giving immigrants a voice through an investment in The Immigrant Learning Center, our community is enriched with their skills, talents and cultures.
On Giving(a Voice)Tuesday, you have even more reasons to give. One generous donor is providing a $2 to $1 matching fund for all donations on November 29, 2016.
That means your donation will be tripled!
Our goal is to raise $50,000, which becomes $150,000 after the match and ensures that The ILC can continue giving our students quality English language instruction from some of the best teachers in Massachusetts. It also means we can take more than 400 students off the waiting list in the next year.
Any amount you give will be tripled and gets us closer to our goal.
- $1,500 becomes $4,500 and can support 12 students learning English for one year.
- $1,000 becomes $3,000 and can help 12 students prepare to become U.S. citizens.
- $500 becomes $1,500 and can underwrite three family literacy workshops.
- $250 becomes $750 and can help three seniors learn to speak conversational English.
- $100 becomes $300 and can buy a year’s worth of instructional supplies for 39 students.
- $50 becomes $150 and can buy 75 student notebooks.
To participate, you can donate online on November 29, 2016, or mail a check dated November 29 with “GivingTuesday” in the memo line to:
The Immigrant Learning Center, Inc.
442 Main Street
Malden, MA 02148
Your gift could go even further if your employer provides a matching donation. If you’re not sure, check here http://doublethedonation.com/giving-tuesday/
For more information, email Kathy Smith at email@example.com